Howdy Folks!We are here to make this the vacation that you want it to be
We want to give you a warm western family welcome to the Historic UXU Ranch. We provide excellent food, beautiful historic log cabins with cozy rooms and a cheerful friendly staff here to aid you in every need . We offer many activities, but if all you want to do is sit out on your private deck and relax with a cocktail of your choice, we don’t blame you! The scenery and wildlife that can be seen from your cabin alone is enough to keep your mind at peace.
HighlightsMost visits include the following:
All dude stays begin in May and run through October.
- Lodging in very recently restored, historic log cabins furnished with locally made log furniture.
- Quality Chef prepared western meals
- Daily riding adventures through spectacular wilderness
- Unguided fishing on our River frontage
- Unparalleled western hospitality
- Memories that will last a lifetime
- Close to Yellowstone National Park
- Trips to Cody rodeo
Cabin descriptions can be found by visiting our cabins page.
Non-Inclusive ExtrasThe following offerings/services are available for an additional charge.
- Enjoy our full service Cowboy Saloon featuring premium wines and beers. Stroll up to the bar after a long day in the saddle.
- Blue ribbon trout streams beckon…but don’t forget your license! You can order your license online or pick one up in Cody. Float trips or non local fishing is charged at the rates advertised.
- Transportation to and from the ranch is available at an additional cost. The closest airport is located in Cody. Other airports within easy driving distance of 2 hours or less are Billings, Montana and Sheridan, Wyoming. Transport from Billings: $200 round trip. These fees are per booking. Rental car discounts are available.
- Off site activities abound in this region. Whitewater rafting, mountain biking, guided hiking, rock climbing and overnight pack trips are available for your enjoyment and we are happy to arrange them on your behalf. Vendor rates do apply.
What to BringA few items you may want to bring along...
We are located in the mountains with an elevation of 6200 feet. The weather varies during the summer months so you should bring clothes for all occasions. Typically in June and September the high
gets in the 70's and the low can be in the 30's but normally in the 40's.
In July and August the high can be in the 90's but normally in the 80's and the low is normally in the 50's to lower 60's. Watch this website for the weather in Cody before you depart. Also, the humidity is around 20 percent during the summer. It is very dry.
We are very casual at the UXU, however some people do like to gussy up a bit for dinner. This does not mean coat and tie but it does mean presentable.
We would suggest not leaving home without the following:
- Jeans are strongly recommended
- Cowboy boots or some sort of heeled shoe for horseback riding
- Sweater, sweatshirt or light jacket
- Rain suit/coat
- Sunscreen / lip protection
- Mosquito repellent (they are not bad but we do get some at certain times of the season)
- Camera and lots of storage
- Fishing gear (if you have it)
- Big happy smile, no whiners
We do provide the following in the cabins; body lotion, conditioning shampoo, glycerin soap, bar soap, Q-tips, cotton balls, down pillows and comforters and minimal reading material (there is a small library in the lodge). In the Stage Stop, Buffalo Bill and the one bedroom cabins there are CD players with a limited selection.
Our PoliciesOur basic guidelines for your stay.
Check-in from 2:00 PM
Check-out until 11:00 AM
A $100 per night non refundable deposit is due at the time of booking to secure your reservation.
The remaining balance is due at the end of your stay.
- Transport from Billings Airport: $200 round trip.
- Transport from Cody Airport: Free and included.
- Transportation fees are per booking and for up to 12 people.
- Off site activities are available. Please refer to our Non Inclusive Extras.
- 250-pound weight limit for horseback riding.
Rates and prices subject to change until reservation secured by deposit. Airport transfer booking must be made 72 hours prior to your arrival or an additional service fee may apply.
We reserve the right to refuse service to any person who puts at risk the health, safety and welfare of any of our guests, staff, family & community members, animals & livestock, or refuses to follow the rules we have in place for your safety and welfare during your visit with us.
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type.
- There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
- Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
- Pets are not allowed.
- All major credit cards are accepted at this property.
Trip Cancellation Insurance Recommended — The UXU Ranch serves a small number of guests therefore we have a nonrefundable cancellation policy. In the event of a cancellation, your reservation may be rolled to the following year.
In order to protect yourself against unforeseen circumstances
stopping or shortening your UXU Ranch vacation, we strongly suggest that
you purchase trip cancellation insurance. You can use any travel
insurance company you are comfortable with.
Release of Liability Agreement:
The UXU Ranch guests are required to sign a release of liability agreement at the time of check-in. This is mandatory and guests cannot remain on the premises without signing the release agreement (all monies paid are non-refundable).
Please feel free to read the release agreement prior to your arrival. Parents or legal guardians of minor children are required to sign the release agreement on their children’s behalf.
Download our release agreement here: (pdf document, right click and select Save As...)
Give us a call for information. 307 587-4637 or 307 899-0505