The Historic UXU Ranch In operation since 1923
We are an exclusive Dude Ranch where providing our guests with what
they want is our priority. We only have 9 historic log cabins and never
take out our Guests on horseback rides with more than 5 per wrangler.
We can give you quiet riverside cabins or forest cabins all within good reach of the centrally situated Lodge , Bar and Restaurant. We are proud of the way we look after our guests and we look forward to greeting and looking after you on your memorable vacation. We provide riding alongside the river, through grassland and on forest trails and for the more adventurous to the tops of the ridges surrounding the ranch for the most astounding views of the Absoroka and Yellowstone Wilderness.
The Historic UXU Ranch (click here for map) is without any doubt the premium Ranch in the East Yellowstone area, rated as 4 STAR by international booking agencies we have a quality in every aspect of the Ranch that no other in this area can match!
What to BringA few items you may want to bring along...
We are located in the mountains with an elevation of 6200 feet. The weather varies during the summer months so you should bring clothes for all occasions. Typically in June and September the high is in the 70's and the low can be in the 30's but normally in the 40's.
In July and August the high can be in the 90's but normally in the 80's and the low is normally in the 50's to lower 60's. Watch this website for the weather in Cody before you depart. Also, the humidity is around 20 percent during the summer. It is very dry.
We are very casual at the UXU, however some people do like to gussy up a bit for dinner. This does not mean coat and tie but it does mean presentable.
We would suggest not leaving home without the following:
- Jeans are strongly recommended
- Cowboy boots or some sort of heeled shoe for horseback riding
- Sweater, sweatshirt or light jacket
- Rain suit/coat
- Sunscreen / lip protection
- Mosquito repellent (they are not bad but we do get some at certain times of the season)
- Camera and lots of storage
- Fishing gear (if you have it)
- Big happy smile, no whiners
We do provide the following in the cabins; body lotion, conditioning shampoo, glycerin soap, bar soap, Q-tips, cotton balls, down pillows and comforters and minimal reading material (there is a small library in the lodge). In the Stage Stop, Buffalo Bill and the one bedroom cabins there are CD players with a limited selection.
Saloon BarAfter a long day in the saddle you might want to wet your whistle...
After a long day of horseback riding in the majestic mountains, fly fishing in the beautiful Shoshone River or even a once in a lifetime scenic tour through Yellowstone National Park you will find our Saloon Bar a great place to kick back and talk about your amazing day over a nice cold and refreshing drink with family, friends and other guests.
You may enter this room a stranger, but guaranteed that you will leave as a friend. With big picture windows looking out at an open pasture with mountains rising on all sides and historical artifacts on the wall, you will find why this is a favorite place of many guests to just take it all in. Our full service bar and friendly bar staff are happy to accommodate you with a large arrangement of local and international beers, spirits and some fine wine.
We have a full retail and package liquor and alcohol license for you to enjoy drinks anywhere on the Ranch and to take with you on your journey.
Yellowstone National ParkThe Ranch is only 20 minutes from Yellowstone National Park.
The Historic UXU Ranch is only 20 minutes from the East Gate of Yellowstone National Park.
Established in 1872, Yellowstone National Park is the first national park in the world and is home to a large variety of wildlife including grizzly bears, wolves, bison, and elk. This incredible ecosystem spans an area of 3,468.4 square miles (8,983 km) and is comprised of lakes, canyons, mountains and rivers running through the mountain ranges. Preserved within Yellowstone National Park are the well known Old Faithful and some of the world’s most extraordinary geysers and hot springs , a sight found no where else on earth. In fact, half of the world’s geothermal features are found in the Yellowstone Park. It also includes the largest and oldest public bison herd and holds many other types of wildlife, including many that are listed as endangered or threatened.
To see the variety of the seasons click here to take a look at our Facebook Pages and photo album.
Non-Inclusive ExtrasThe following offerings/services are available for an additional charge.
- Enjoy our full service Cowboy Saloon featuring premium wines and beers. Stroll up to the bar after a long day in the saddle.
- Blue ribbon trout streams beckon…but don’t forget your license! You can order your license online or pick one up in Cody. Float trips or non local fishing is charged at the rates advertised.
- Transportation to and from the ranch is available at an additional
cost. The closest airport is located in Cody. Other airports within easy
driving distance of 2 hours or less are Billings, Montana and
- Off site activities abound in this region. Whitewater rafting, mountain biking, guided hiking, rock climbing and overnight pack trips are available for your enjoyment and we are happy to arrange them on your behalf. Vendor rates do apply.
Our PoliciesOur basic guidelines for your stay.
Check-in from 2:00 PM
Check-out until 11:00 AM
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to room type.
- There is no capacity for extra beds in the room.
- Additional fees are not calculated automatically in the total cost and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
- Pets are not allowed.
- All major credit cards are accepted at this property.
Let UXU create the ideal vacation for you!